Healing Quest Episode 904
with Cookus Interruptus
Massaged Kale Salad with Apples and Gorgonzola
Preparation time 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Recipe from Cookus Interruptus.
Bastyr adjunct faculty member Jennifer Adler M.S., C.N. contributed this recipe. I love to watch Jennifer work with food because she loves to use her hands. She touches and loves food into magnificent flavor and tenderness. Jennifer likes to make a bunch of this salad at once to ensure that she have dark leafy greens ready when busy days are ahead. It tastes better as the days go by.
- 1 LARGE bunch kale
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, toasted (or Sweet Glazed Nuts)
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup currants
- ¾ cup diced apple, (½ apple)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- De-stem kale by pulling leaf away from the stem.